Saturday, January 31, 2009

Week 4: Thing 8: Set up own Blogline newsreader account

This activity was new to me. I learned a lot about RSS; subscribing to it personally is very useful because there are many subscriptions out there that would help my professional growth. There are many feeds about libraries and different issues. I truly loved one that has nothing to do with librarianism. It was one that had funny pictures and sayings about cats. Ever since I was a child I have had cats, so I thought it was adorable and a must to add to my list.

At the school library, this would be very useful to add feeds that are beneficial for our students such as current news, even itunes, which are so popular now a days. It is just another venue to take our students through for growth during this age of technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment